Nashoba Valley Healthcare Fund Awards 18 Grants to Local Nonprofits to Improve Health
Apr 05, 2019 05:49AM
LOWELL – The Greater Lowell Community Foundation and the Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts awarded $176,881 in grants to 18 local nonprofits, from the Nashoba Valley Community Healthcare Fund, to help improve the health of residents in area communities.
Priority was given to proposals pertaining to prevention of health problems, access to healthcare, elder health, youth and adolescent health, mental health and health care service provision. Recipients of the grants were selected by the Nashoba Valley Community Healthcare Fund Advisory Committee, comprised of local leaders in business, health care and education.
“These are impactful grants for our community and we greatly appreciate the hard work and diligence of the volunteer grant committee in prioritizing the needs,” said Jay Linnehan, President and CEO of the Greater Lowell Community Foundation.
“With each year that we continue to support impactful grants through this fund, the communities served are made stronger, healthier and more vibrant. The vision for the creation of this fund is being realized through targeted, outcome driven grants.” said Phil Grzewinski, president of the Community Foundation of North Central Massachusetts.
2018 Grant Recipients
- Townsend Fire-EMS Department for Advanced Life Support Training Manikin - $14,993
- Lunenburg Council on Aging for Eagle House Memory Café - $5,000
- Community Teamwork for Bone Builders Program - $10,000
- Gaining Ground for Growing Fresh Produce for Hunger Relief with Community Volunteers - $5,000
- Ashby Fire Dept for Rad-57 with SPCO adult and pediatric monitor - $5,595
- MAB Community Services, Inc. for Nashoba Valley Vision Rehabilitation Program for Elders - $6,000
- Montachusett Home Care Corporation for Expanding the Medical Escort/Companion Program - $5,000
- Our Father's House for Ensuring Health Wellness in Homeless Children - $16,000
- Advocates, Inc. for Advocates Community Counseling in Harvard - $10,000
- Eliot Community Human Services for The NAN Project - $15,000
- Clear Path for Veterans New England for Veteran Wellness and Self-Care Training Program - $15,000
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell, Inc. for Critical Home Repairs for Westford Elders - $10,000
- 15-40 Connection for 3 Steps Detect 2019 - Improving cancer survival rates in Nashoba Valley - $15,000
- Virginia Thurston Healing Garden for Clinical Cancer Support Programs and Services for NV Residents - $20,000
- Boys & Girls Club of Lunenburg for Triple Play: Healthy Minds, Bodies, and Souls - $7,500
- Montachusett Interfaith Hospitality Network, Inc. for MIHN family shelter - $8,000
- Seven Hills Family Services for WhisperGlide Swing for People with Disabilities - $6,663
- Pepperell Council on Aging for Cycles for Seniors - $2,130
The Nashoba Valley Community Healthcare Fund provides annual distributions to nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and other agencies to advance the health of residents in 13 communities: Ashby, Ayer, Bolton, Dunstable, Groton, Harvard, Lancaster, Littleton, Lunenburg, Pepperell, Shirley, Townsend and Westford.
For more information on the Greater Lowell Community Foundation, please visitwww.glcfoundation.org.