MWPC Endorses Heisey, Other First-Time Candidates Across Massachusetts
Jul 17, 2018 10:31PM
By Theresa Gilman
(Editor's Note: the following information was provided by the MWPC.)
The Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus (MWPC) Political Action Committee (PAC) today announced its final round of endorsements for women seeking political office across Massachusetts.
These endorsements come as more women are seeking the support of the MWPC, whose mission is to "recruit, train and elect" women to political office. This year’s endorsements include races for State Representative, State Senate and District Attorney.
"We are pleased to endorse a group of terrific women candidates who are highly qualified and committed to making positive changes in districts across Massachusetts," said Laurie Martinelli, Executive Director. "This is a watershed year for the Caucus in many respects, and through these endorsements for offices statewide we are seeing this women’s movement unfolding right in front of our eyes.”
The MWPC PAC endorsements yielded major successes last year, as 29 of the 36 candidates endorsed in the fall 2017 municipal elections won their races. The Caucus hopes to continue on this successful trajectory by providing candidates with a myriad of resources and tools needed to compete and win, including communications and social media support, volunteer recruitment, and voter outreach.
The MWPC PAC is proud to endorse the following women:
Senators to the Massachusetts General Court:
- Samantha Hammar - 5th Middlesex District
(Malden, Melrose, Reading, Stoneham, Winchester, Wakefield, Woburn)
- Katie McBrine - Plymouth & Norfolk District
(Hingham, Hull, Marshfield, North Scituate, Scituate, Weymouth)
- Becca Rausch - Norfolk, Bristol & Middlesex District
(Attleboro, Franklin, Millis, Natick, Needham, North Attleborough, Plainville, Sherborn, Wayland, Wellesley, Wrentham)
Representatives to the Massachusetts General Court:
- Gerly Adrien -28th Middlesex District (Everett)
- Michelle Ciccolo - 15th Middlesex District (Woburn, Lexington)
- Nika Elugardo - 15th Suffolk/Norfolk District (Boston, Brookline)
- Tami Gouveia - 14th Middlesex District (Acton, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Concord)
- Sabrina Heisey - 36th Middlesex District (Dracut, Tyngsborough)
- Sarah Hewins - 2nd Plymouth District (Carver, Middleborough, Wareham)
- Anne Landry - 30th Middlesex District (Reading, Woburn)
- Lori Lennon - 23rd Middlesex District (Arlington, Medford)
- Liz Miranda - 5th Suffolk District (Boston)
- Gretchen Van Ness - 14th Suffolk District (Boston)
- Rachael Rollins - Suffolk County (Boston, Chelsea, Revere, Winthrop)
The Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus Political Action Committee (PAC) is a non-partisan organization that recruits, trains and elects qualified, pro-choice women to achieve political parity by increasing the number of women elected and appointed to public office and public policy positions, as well as increasing the involvement of women of all ages in the political process. Please visit www.mwpc.org/ to learn more. Follow us on http://twitter.com/MWPC and connect on our Facebook page.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Dracuttoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @Dracut_Today