Skip to main content

Dracut Father And Son Seriously Injured In Maine Explosion

Jun 18, 2018 08:56AM ● Published by Bill Gilman

A propane gas leak is being blamed for a massive explosion that seriously injured two Dracut men last week.
Robert Keefe, 59, and his son, Ryan Keefe, 28, were in Waldoboro, Maine, opening a summer home for the season, when the explosion ripped through the building Thursday night. The property is owned by a family friend.
According to an article published on www.wmtw.com, the explosion packed such power that it knocked the home off its foundations. The State Fire Marshal has determined a propane tank leak was the cause of the explosion and fire, which destroyed the building. The leak ignited when one of the men turned on a clothes dryer.
The men were able to escape the building by crawling out a window. However, they sustained serious burns and were transported to the Maine Medical Center. Initially, both men were listed in critical condition. However, over the weekend, Robert Keefe was upgraded to serious condition.
Al Fresca

 


Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Dracuttoday/ Follow us on Twitter at @Dracut_Today
Public Safety fire explosion

It looks like we don't have any events for this date. You can always add an event.

It looks like we don't have any events for this date. You can always add an event.

It looks like we don't have any events for this date. You can always add an event.