Dracut American Legion Post 315 Prepares For Busy Week Of Veterans Day Events
May 16, 2018 06:56AM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Dracut Memorial Day Ceremonies (Photo by Christine O'Brien)
The final I's are being dotted the the T's are being crossed, but as of Tuesday, May 16, the scheduled looks like this:
- Saturday, May 19, 7:30 a.m. -- Place Wreaths & Flags on Monuments & Graves at Various Cemeteries and Monuments in Dracut
- Sunday, May 20, 11:30 a.m. -- Memorial Day of Remembrance Parade, Lowell Cemetery Knapp Ave Entrance to Grand Army of the Republic Lot
- Friday, May 25, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. -- Veterans will be visiting various Dracut Public Schools
- Friday, May 25 and Saturday, May 26, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. -- Dracut Ladies Auxiliary Poppy Sales, Dracut Legion Ladies Auxiliary Bridge St, Lowell Market Basket
- Sunday, May 27, 8:30 a.m. -- Franco American War Vets, St. Joseph's Cemetery FAWV Section then to Joseph A Ouellette MOH Monument
- Sunday, May 27, 10 a.m. -- Greater Lowell Veterans Council, Ladd/Whitney Monument/Lowell City Hall then to Lowell Memorial Auditorium for GLVC Services and light meal.
- Sunday, May 27, 1 p.m. -- Greek American Legion Post 1, Parade from Worthern St Post to Market St to Fr O'Connell Pkwy to corner of Broadway for services, then to Post for Collation
- Monday, May 28, Approximately 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. -- Rifle Salutes to our Honored Dead, Various Cemeteries and Monuments in Dracut
- Monday, May 28, 11 a.m. -- Memorial Day Parade, From Greenmont to Pleasant St to Lakeview Ave to Frederick St for Cemetery.
- Monday, May 28, 12 p.m. -- Memorial Day Ceremony, Veterans' Monument at Dracut High School
- Monday, May 28, 1 p.m. -- Light meal, Dracut Legion Post 315