Dracut High's Berger Honored With MIAA Sportsmanship Award
Mar 22, 2018 02:44PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Dracut High's Adam Berger, right, was honored as an MIAA Sportsmanship winner at a recent Boston Bruins game.
Berger was named the winner for the Merrimack Valley Conference Division III. He and the other winners, representing each of the boys and girls hockey conferences across the state, were honored at a recent Boston Bruins game at the TD Garden.
According to the MIAA --
These student‐athletes were selected by representatives of their league according to the following award criteria:
- An exemplary record of complying, both in spirit and letter, with all league and MIAA rules and regulations during the season.
- A demonstrated record of respectfully accepting the rulings of game officials.
- A record of conduct, on and off the ice that brings honor to self, team, school, and community.
- A commitment to teamwork by providing all members with recognition of their talents, an opportunity to contribute them to the team, and a spirit of camaraderie.
- A demonstrated respect for opponents before, during, and after games