At Your Library: 2016 By The Numbers
Aug 16, 2017 05:46AM
By Theresa Gilman
Dracut Public Library
(Editor's Note: the
following information was provided by the Dracut Library.)
Each August, the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners requires us to fill out the annual ARIS (Annual Report Information Survey) for the fiscal year that just ended.
The survey must be filled out and submitted in order for a library to be considered eligible for State Aid to Public Libraries [M.G.L. c.78, s. 19A; 605 CMR 4.01 (7)] in the current fiscal year. Having just completed this year's ARIS report, I thought that I would share some information with you.
- 79,430 Books
- 918 Print Periodicals, Newspapers & other Print Serials
- 1,550 Books on CD
- 7,442 DVDs
- 10,896 e-Books
- 3,470 Downloadable Audio titles
- 153 Downloadable Videos
- 728 Materials in Electronic Format (including CD-ROMs)
- 215 Miscellaneous items (e.g., e-Book readers, laptops, kits, framed art, prints, puppets, etc.)
That's a total of 110,802 items in our collection as of 6/30/2017.
- 104,433 Books
- 4,430 Print Periodicals, Newspapers & other Print Serials
- 12,474 Books on CD
- 42,764 DVDs
- 5,318 e-Books
- 2,395 Downloadable Audios
- 39 Downloadable Videos
- 1,628 Materials in Electronic Format (including CD-ROMs)
- 1,805 Miscellaneous items (e.g., e-Book readers, laptops, kits, framed art, prints, puppets, etc.)
That's a total of 175,197 items circulated in FY2017, as of 6/30/2017.
Our patrons borrowed 24,394 items from other Massachusetts municipalities. We lent out 23,980 items to residents of other municipalities.
In addition, we circulated 41,699 items at our library to residents of other Massachusetts municipalities certified for State Aid to Public Libraries. We circulated 1,359 items to residents of other states.
- The Library was open a total of 2,993 hours over 52 weeks.
- The Library was open for 37 Saturdays, accounting for 296 of the 2,993 hours that we were open.
- The Library was open for 546 hours after 5:00 pm.
- 124,227 people came through the library doors.
- 234 children's programs were held, with an attendance of 4,551 children.
- 45 young adult programs were held, with a total attendance of 361 teens.
- 131 Adult programs were held, with an attendance of 1,267.
- 50 volunteers worked for 467 hours.
- We have 14,413 registered borrowers.
- 14,085 of those registered borrowers are Dracut residents.
- Roughly 471 people use our public computers during a typical week.
- The Friends of Dracut Library currently have 67 members.
- Our meeting room was used 469 times (excluding staff meetings).