3 Steps For Finding The Right Driving School
Aug 03, 2017 01:40PM
● By Theresa Gilman
Learn to drive
Note: the following information was provided by the Massachusetts RMV.)
Picking the right driving school can be a big decision. The RMV offers helpful tips and guided questions so you, or your child, can make the right decision as you begin your journey in learning to drive.
Consider these helpful tips in determining what to look for in a Driver's Education program
Step 1: Locate your area driving schools:
MassRMV.com has a list of all licensed drivingschools in Massachusetts. You can find information on professional driving schools, public school driver education programs, driver skills development programs, and specialized driver education programs.
Step 2: Consider visiting the school and gather additional information:
- Visit the driving school website for information.
- Find out how long the owner/manager has been a licensed driving school instructor.
- Other than the main office, find out how many locations they have available.
Step 3: Prepare questions for the driving school owner/manager:
- If it is not posted, ask to see the valid RMV driving school license
- Ask for the pass/fail rate for their students.
- Ask the owner how long the school has been in operation.
- Ask for a statement of school policies & procedures. It should include: classroom hours and curriculum, in-car instruction and skills to be taught, how to book in-car hours, payment policies, refund policies, and cancellation policies.
- Ask the owner or instructor what the classroom student-to-teacher ratio is for the particular class you will be attending.
- Ask for references from people who have attended the school.
- Ask if all driving instructors' licenses are active.