Share Your Favorite Recipes, Help The Dracut Food Pantry, Maybe Win A Prize
Aug 02, 2017 05:52PM ● Published by Bill Gilman
Do you love to cook? Perfect!
Maybe you just love to eat. That's cool too!
We are looking for your favorite recipes.
Your Dracut Today is partnering with the Dracut Food Pantry to publish a cookbook, chock full of recipes for tasty treats from the kitchens (and imaginations) of Dracut residents.
We are looking for all types of recipes -- entrees, soups, side dishes and deserts; meats, seafood, pasta or vegan; Italian, French, All-American; gluten-free, diabetic, post-gastric bypass.
You get the idea. If it's a favorite recipe of yours, we want it!
The recipes will be compiled into a cookbook that will be available for purchase, starting at the Dracut Old Home Day Celebration.
All profits from the sales of the cookbook will go to the Dracut Food Pantry, which "provides short and long-term food assistance to Dracut residents who are struggling to put food on the table in this difficult economy."
As an added bonus, every person that submits at least one recipe will be entered in a drawing to receive a $50 gift certificate to the Dracut restaurant of your choice!
Some questions you might have:
- Will I get credit for my recipe in the cookbook? -- Absolutely.
- Will I get paid for my recipe being in the cookbook? -- Absolutely not.
- How do I submit my recipe? -- You can email your recipe to Editor Bill Gilman at [email protected] with the slugline "Dracut Hometown Cookbook Recipe,
- Can I submit more than one recipe? -- Sure! But you will be entered just once for the gift certificate drawing.
- What about photos? -- If you would like to submit a photo of your favorite dish, along with the recipe, that is totally cool. But it is not required.
- Is there a guarantee my recipe will be published? No, only because we don't know how many we will receive. But every person who submits a recipe will be entered in the drawing.
- How many recipes will be in the cookbook? -- We would like at least 50 and would probably limit it to 100.
- How much will the cookbook cost? -- Great question. A lot depends on the cost of printing and how many pages it will be.
- What is the deadline for submitting a recipe? -- We would like to0m receive all recipes by Saturday, Aug. 19.