At The Library: Our Catalog Gets A New Face!
May 17, 2017 05:33AM
● Published by Theresa Gilman
Dracut Public Library
(Editor's Note: the following information was published by the Parker Library.)
As you already know, the
Parker Library, as part of the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC)
will be getting a new online catalog - Symphony! Starting May 18th, our
expanded online catalog will be chock full of the titles you're looking for
Start exploring the world in a number of languages. Our expanded catalog will be available in English, Spanish, and Chinese, enabling us to better serve the community, and encourage learning across languages.
Symphony provides online payment processing with credit or debit cards for fines, fees, and lost materials. You can view your account whenever you need to: see what you're borrowing, holds, renewals, and more.
In preparation for this move, we will not be able to check-in materials from Monday, May 15th, through Wednesday, May 17th. We will be able to check items out to you, but we will not have access to our patron database. Therefore, please make sure to bring your library card with you for all transactions, as we will not be able to look you up.
- We will not be able to issue new cards from May 15th through May 17th.
- We will be unable to catalog new materials that arrive between May 15th and May 17th.
- There will be no ILL deliveries between May 15th and May 17th. In addition, will not be able to pull any local holds for you. The Commonwealth Catalog is currently unavailable. Patrons will be able to access it again starting May 20th.
- Symphony will automatically reset each patron password to the last 4 digits of the phone number that you currently have on file with us. If you have an email address on file, you will be able to reset your password in the online catalog.