I-93 Onramp Completed And Open
Nov 28, 2016 02:17PM
By Bill Gilman
After Construction (2018)
What's Being Done?
MassDOT is reconstructing the I-93 Exit 46 interchange at Routes 110 and 113 in Methuen, replacing the existing rotary with a partial cloverleaf interchange. The project will alleviate traffic congestion and improve safety. Key elements of the project include:
- building new I-93 southbound on-ramp and off-ramp to a realigned Route 110/113;
- realigning two existing off-ramps;
- constructing new signalized intersections east and west of the interchange;
- constructing two noise barriers; and
- adding bicycle lanes and sidewalks for improved access.
Traffic Alert - NOW OPEN
A new permanent on-ramp from Route 110/113 Westbound to I-93 Southbound opened November 28, 2016. To see the full alert and map please go to the Traffic Advisories page.
Upcoming Work -November 2016
Work on I-93 over the rotary and at the new and existing ramp locations continues.
View the Construction Update page for more information on construction activities and lane closures.
- Finish work and open the new I-93 southbound on-ramp (details of this major milestone will be sent close to the ramp opening):
- Pave sections of I-93 southbound and install guardrail
- Shift I-93 southbound traffic to the west to create a center work zone between I-93 north- and southbound
- Pave the Route 110/113 westbound to I-93 southbound on-ramp
- Open the Route 110/113 westbound to I-93 southbound on-ramp to traffic
- Remove temporary signals west of I-93
Sign up for Methuen Rotary Reconstruction Project updates to keep current on traffic management plans and other important updates.