Obituary: William E. Hamilton, 90
Oct 15, 2016 08:21AM ● Published by Theresa Gilman
William E. Hamilton obituary
Born in Haverhill on July 16, 1926, he was a son of the late William and Catherine (Cassazza) Hamilton. He was a graduate of Haverhill High School.
A Veteran of World War II, Mr. Hamilton served with the United States Army from November of 1944 until his Honorable Discharge in October of 1946. He was a member of the Dracut American Legion, Post 315.
Prior to his retirement, he was employed by the Raytheon Corp., Andover facility.
Mr. Hamilton was a communicant of St. Michael Church.
After his retirement he delivered meals to Dracut senior citizens and was a member of Dracut Senior Citizens bowling league for many years. He enjoyed gardening and listening to jazz.
In addition to his wife Clare, he leaves three sons, Kevin Hamilton and his wife Cindy of Pembroke, NH, William Hamilton of Nashua, NH and Keith Hamilton and his wife Tammy of Dracut; a brother, Edward Hamilton and his wife Nancy of Raymond, NH; a sister, Roberta Comeau of Haverhill; 6 grandchildren, Kelly, Alison, Molly, Shawn, Lindsy and Michael Hamilton; 4 sisters-in-law, Maureen Sheehan of Leominster, Annemarie Laforge and Joan Bedford, both of Lowell and Lorraine Primeau of Alexandria, VA. He was a brother of the late Mary Auriemma.
Bill was a gentlemen's gentleman and a truly "Nice Guy". He enjoyed rooting for all Boston sports teams and always enjoyed a good joke. What he enjoyed the most was spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren who he made sure that he had a special relationship with each and every one of them. He will be deeply missed by all especially the love of his life Clare.
Friends and family are invited to a memorial visitation on Saturday, October 15 from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM. at McKenna-Ouellette Funeral Home, 327 Hildreth Street, Lowell, MA 01850. A memorial funeral mass will follow at 10:00 at St. Michael Church, 543 Bridge Street, Lowell. Burial will take place at 11:30 AM at Varnum Cemetery on Parker Road in Dracut.