Moms Blog: My Disney World Top 10
Oct 14, 2016 06:56AM
● By Our Circle Of Moms
My family and I recently came back from our 5th family trip to Disney World. Here are my top 10 favorite Disney World things to do. Be warned, I love Disney World.
10. Take the Magical Express to the Resort. I love not having to bring my luggage and drag it to the room. I take the Magical Express and my luggage arrives on it’s own.
9. I love the smells of Disney. Every resort has it’s own smell; and when I am home, certain smells remind me of my vacation. Animal Kingdom Lodge has this wonderful campfire smell.
8. The transportation options are endless and fun. From Beach club, we could take a boat ride to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. You can also hop on the monorail to arrive from Grand Floridian, Polynesian or the Contemporary.
7. The different food from all around the world I can try. Margaritas in Mexico and falafel in Morocco and then head over to England for Fish and Chips while watching Illuminations. The dining is endless. I love sitting at a table spending time with my family, talking and laughing. We choose to do one sit down meal a day and slow down and enjoy or time together.
8. The themes of the resorts. We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge last year and it was amazing. Zebras and Giraffes right out the window. This year we stayed at Beach club, which has actual sand in the pool. Want to live in Mardi Gras and southern Charm try Port Orleans French Quarter. Want to see your favorite movie characters up close, Art of Animation has life size Cars from the movie or Little Mermaid Rooms. Everyone has a favorite. I enjoy trying a new one each trip. Make sure you plan actual time to enjoy your resort.
7. The fireworks, parades and shows are amazing. I love each of them and each park has it own nightly shows. The new Star Wars one is amazing.
6. Memory Maker makes it so I hardly have to remember to take photos. Everything goes to my account via my magic band and I can see them from my phone.
5. Magic Kingdom is open longer some nights for guests staying at a Disney Resort. I love this. I usually stay with my older son until 1am or 2am depending on when the park is open until. This year it was raining and we rode splash mountain by ourselves 4 times in a row in the rain. Why not,we were already wet.
4. Fast passes – Long waits can be reduced to nothing. At 60 days out, you can book fast passes. These allow you to basically skip the line at a certain time.
3. Total relaxation – From when I get on the plane, the only decision I need to make is what drink I would like at thebar or what I would like for dinner. Everything is planned and set up already. Need to change it? You can with the app on your phone or by calling.
2. The Disney Cast Members as so wonderful, cheerful and helpful. Have an issue? Let them know and they will try to fix it asap.
1. Spending uninterrupted time with my family!Amy Dienta is a contributor to Ourcircleofmoms.com, based in the Merrimack Valley.