Methuen Rotary Project Update And Construction Alert
Sep 23, 2016 06:44AM
By Theresa Gilman
(Editor's Note: this content was provided by the MassDOT.)
What's Being Done?
MassDOT is reconstructing the I-93 Exit 46 interchange at Routes 110 and 113 in Methuen, replacing the existing rotary with a partial cloverleaf interchange. The project will alleviate traffic congestion and improve safety. Key elements of the project include:
- building new I-93 southbound on-ramp and off-ramp to a realigned Route 110/113;
- realigning two existing off-ramps;
- constructing new signalized intersections east and west of the interchange;
- constructing two noise barriers; and
- adding bicycle lanes and sidewalks for improved access.
Upcoming Work - September 2016
Work on I-93 over the rotary and at the new and existing ramp locations continues.
- Install overhead signs I-93 northbound and southbound
- Pave sections of Route 110/113
- Continue demolishing the west sections of existing bridges carrying I-93 over former rotary